Here are the finished Wreck-Age Reclaimers. I was originally planning on basing them just like my Stitcher faction, but I saw a small container of leftover green water effects from the pond I made for my trailer park, and I decided that perhaps these guys were hunting for old tech near an abandoned nuclear plant, with toxic puddles.
Here is the first layer of water effects. I did the grey/wash/highlight basing first, then did a gloss varnish coat, and 2 coats of matte varnish on top. Once this was dry, I added the water goo. I tried to create natural looking puddles. I added a drop or 2 of the goo, and let it spread naturally.
Here is what they looked like after a 2nd layer of water. I thickened it in sections, and also spread some thinner layers at the edges of each puddle to give added depth. It is very important when working with water effects to let each layer dry completely to avoid clouding and bubbles. I let these layers dry for 8-10 hours each.
Once the second layer was dry, I carefully spread watered down PVA glue around the base, and sprinkled static grass. Some larger grass tufts complete the look. You can see in this image how reflective the water area is. The images don’t do it justice… They look really wet, and the basing texture gives it a nice depth.